Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default zero clearance insert

PHT wrote:
Got some insert blanks for the new table saw. They are made out of UHMW.
I have a WWII blade and I'm wondering how much running the blade through
this UHMW will it dull the blade.
Don't want to do it if it means the blade will have to be sharpened
sooner. I just got this blade a couple of weeks ago.

Paul T.

I don't think you have to worry about it in the time it takes to run the
blade up through it, one time. Maybe you could use a cheaper blade
(assuming it's thinner or equal) to make the majority of the cut, then
finish it with the WWII.

Maybe a call or email to Forrest would help.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--