Layne

Default Stanley Combination Plane 45E

I believe St. James Bay Tool Co. sells cutter blanks made out of tool
steel that you can use to grind custom profiles. I visited their
website a couple days ago, but tonight I tried and it's not there.
Hopefully it's a temporary hiccup.

Layne

On 5 Oct 2003 14:23:48 -0700, (Fred the Red
Shirt) wrote:

"Kai Koethe" wrote in message ...
I have just bought a Stanley combination plane 45E via ebay. Unfortunately
the instructions are missing. Is there a source where I can get a photocopy
of the original instructions. Also I would like to buy some additional
cutters. Where can I get a list of the cutters once available and is there a
source for secondhand cutters? Thanks for helping
Kai

Here is some information including links to descriptions of all the cutters
and optionial bottoms:

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan6.htm

Patrick Leach buys and sells Stanley planes and other good quality
antique handtools so you might email him as to what he has available
for the 45.

--

FF