IMM

Default Condensing Tumble Driers

"Suz" wrote in message

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
In article , Suz
writes
It adds £200 a year to our electicity bill. No ironing? Family of

five?
Well worth every penny! I HATE ironing.

Is this really true - no ironing? mens shirts, T shirts??

I spen about £10 - £15 a week on having stuff ironed, (and it's worth
evry penny g), travelling to and from the shop twice aswell.

If I could be sure a tumble dryer could do what you say, I would have
one!!

What make and model? How much £? Can you get a washer dryer with these
features?

Yes it works for me, really and truly.

The first thing that made me consider dumping ironing was when I

discovered
my MIL never ironed. She had five kids and always looks pristine. She
removed a wash immediately and tugged the clothes straight immediately and
put them on a radiator. She then hung them when they were 95% dry. I was
entirely amazed -they are all neat and flat.

The trick is to take the wash out immediately and tumble it. Again hang

as
soon as the tumble dryer stops for best results. At this point they have
tiny creases and look like they need a wee iron, but don't shove into the
wardrobe immediately, but give them five mintes in the air 1st. When you
take them out of the wardrobe you can't tell them apart from from ironed
stuff. I started this out of necessity as I was so busy with 3 wee kids.
Now it just seems daft to iron at all.

You can't get a crease down the arm of a shirt/ trousers if you are that
kind of stuffy person tho. And Marks and Sparks Italian shirts come out
crumpled. Hubby has 2. I shoved them in the wardrobe and refused to iron
them. He ignores them and thay have been left there. Low iron or no iron
shirts work best. Avoid any clothes that need ironed at two dots or 3

dots
on the iron symbol, or one that needs ironed while damp. Some of these do
come out OK, but most are unlikely too.
The same goes for things that are non-tumble dryable. Although its the

1st
thing I look at when buying, we do have some. I toss them all in, saves
time not having to sort into can and can't tumble piles, and if they die,
they die. They didn't deserve to live if they want ironed. I'm heartless
like that... So far no casualties tho.

Another thing is the fabric conditioner. You need to use it. I only use
Comfort. I have used standard, Easy-iron and the new Quick dry and there

is
a difference. From an ironing point of view, Easy Iron has the best
results. But the clothes feel a tiny bit slimy coming out of the wash and
sometimes they need 2 goes of the tumble dryer - they are slow to dry.
Quick Dry does indeed dry quickern (a lot quicker) which saves on
electricity, but you get a slightly less flat appearance. Still

acceptable
for most clothes though. Ordinary comfort is in between. You definitely
need some fabric conditioner though, so if you are allergic this is not

for
you.

Our tumble is a Hotpoint TDC60 and it cost £329, after shopping around on
the internet. Can't remember which one we got from in the end, maybe
appliancedirect?

A washer dryer will consume more electricty as it has to dry itself. Not
good for a busy family - A wash and dry cycle takes about 2 hours. At 3
washes a day for us, it just wouldn't work. For a bloke on his own it

would
be great. Stick it on the morning and it's all down when you come home.
The "keep turning after drying complete" option would be vital in this

case
to avoid ironing.

Must go. Tumble dryer just finished it's cycle. )

Does this tumble and use Comfort only work on condensing dryers?

---