Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiremold: a review

On 1/22/2009 1:00 PM RBM spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...

Just finished a small job using Wiremold and thought I'd share my
experiences with it.

So it's in, and it's working. But I can't say I'm altogether happy
with the stuff. In particular, the open seams left in various
parts--between channel and elbows, and in the elbows
themselves--don't look all the pretty or finished. Which is
probably inevitable when you install the stuff in an old house that
has corners that no longer meet at 90°. I ended up using some of
the little covers in the "accessory pack" I bought to cover the
worst of the openings.

I share your pain. I would rather run wiring in steel tubing, but there are
occasions when tubing is just too industrial looking, so WM is the lesser of
the evils. If you really want to bitch, try hanging a few Italian lighting
fixtures

Don't get me wrong; my overall take is that it's a pretty good system,
well thought-out, modular and adaptable. Just needs a little tweaking in
both the appearance and documentation departments.

Conduit (EMT) would have been totally unacceptable in this situation.

--
"I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson