Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Safety glasses w bifocals

On 2009-01-22, jrlandau wrote:
GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote:
Zenni optical has been fine for regular glasses, but I"d like to get
safety glasses with side shields for the shop. I emailed them
inquiring whether they sold safety glasses / frames, but got no reply.
Is there any place where you can get inexpensive safety glasses with
bifocals?

Anybody had any experience with the paste on magnifier lenses that you
put on the bottoms of your regular safety glasses like these
http://tinyurl.com/azkspj

RWL

I went the other way--bought bifocals from Zenni and added some clip-on
side shields from http://www.tasco-safety.com/safety-glasses.html.
Works fine.

True safety glasses have to pass a test involving a 1" diameter
steel ball being dropped on them from a specific height. This is to
assure that both the lens and the attachment to the frame can handle the
impact.

I don't think that your glasses from Zenni were made to this
standard, let alone *tested* to this standard.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564