Suz

Default Condensing Tumble Driers

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om...
"Mick" wrote in message
Has anybody any major opinions on these good or Bad ?.
I currently have a vented tumble drier that is nearing the end of its

life
(but still usable)...I would like to get another drier and run them

both
until the orig one packs up (lots of kids and lots of washing !!!)
I do not want to hammer another hole in the garage wall (double brick)
So a Condensing Tumble drier seems ideal for the moment.
I am thinking a fairly cheap one (£189 ish at comet/Miller Bros).
Do you think this is a good idea ?

Condensing driers are much more energy efficient. Instead of blowing
hot air outside they reuse it round and round, just extracting the
water content. They dont blow heat out at all.

However, a fast spin washer is more sensible in most cases. With 1300
or 1400 spin you dont need a tumble.

I disagree. I think a fast spin mashes creases in. Fine if you love
ironing.
I HATE ironing.