Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default "I Hope Obama Fails"

.. .

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

snip---.

Anyway, we were prescribed pain medication. Didn't even bother to have
the
prescriptions filled. I'm not keen on risking such things---although I
have one hell of a strong constitution and rarely give in to such
temptation. The only thing that has ever run my life is my thirst for
gold, and my love for music. I'd hate to get hooked on one of those
little
magic vacations you spoke of. Be strong-----I have yet to meet a person
that has an improved life because of drugs.

Harold

I agree.

I threw out nearly all the vicodin after having some intense dental
work done.

You need to eat before taking those things, and it's hard to eat when
your
mouth is a stitched up wreck. By the time you can eat again.

I suspect if you have a decent pain tolerance and something called will
power, you don't need most of that stuff and won't get addicted to
drugs/pills/whatever in the first place.

Those that are weak and can't control themselves always find destructive
addictions anyways.

Yep! Needy people. They generally have a crutch of
sorts ----smokes----beer-----drugs-----anything but facing the world cold
turkey.

No need to get in my face for my comments. I smoked a pipe for years, and
enjoy a scotch and water as much as anyone---- (but no drugs). However,
the harsh reality is many folks simply don't function without their
crutch. It may even be the religion of their choosing..but they have
something that acts as a detraction, or what ever you choose to call it.

Not me------I just slog along and deal with things as they come up. And
listen to music! :-)

Harold

I choose to let each person decide for themselves, not to judge, and to let
everyone answer in their own way for what they've done. I know I sure spend
less time thinking about them. Got two friends right now, one dealing with
multiple surgeries from Crohn's disease and related kidney ailments, the
other bladder cancer. Boy, they sure like their pain pills. Guess they're
just weak minded people who can't handle reality. If you're so strong, pour
the scotch down the sink.

Steve