Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default "I Hope Obama Fails"

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 05:07:00 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan
Vordos" scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:29:48 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan
Vordos" scrawled the following:

"Buerste" wrote in message

At least Rush has good taste in drugs! I had the pleasure of a recent
root canal and the surgeon gave me 12 extra strength Vicodin. I can see
how somebody could get hooked on these little "pharmaceutical
vacations"!
I still have seven left, I'm keeping them safe, I take them out every
once
in a while just to look at them in admiration!

Strangely, Susan and I each had a tooth extracted last Friday. They were
cracked, so a root canal wasn't a solution. We both think we've been
married to long----how in hell both of us ended up with a cracked tooth
within days of one another is one of those mysteries we'll never
understand.

Hah! We all know how it happened: You cooked that night. bseg

Heh! According to the Mrs., I'm a pretty good cook. Ain't true, but I
hate to burst her bubble.

Shucks, and I thought I had it all figured out...

Say, are you and Susan keeping your ankles dry, 'arry? I saw the pics
of the most recent Centralia floods recently.

Yep! High & dry. While the lowlands were getting flooded, it was because
the two feet of snow we received (very unusual) was being melted by the
relatively warm rain storm that hit the area. Mountains received up to
20" of rain, while lowlands received as much as 10".

Oy vay! Datsa lotta rain.

Damned fools built in
the flood plane, and that's where all the new development is taking place.

Yeah, the "prime lots" just happen to be 20' under the 100-year flood
levels. Buncha maroons everywhere, and we have to pay for it in our
insurance rates. Brilliant! I'm surprised that I-5 was included in
that area. Why didn't they build it up or wall it off at the
depressions, I wonder?

We're about 800' higher than the valley. When (if) we flood, the world is
in trouble.

So you're not at all worried about Globular Swarming, are you?

--
Even with the best of maps and instruments,
we can never fully chart our journeys.