Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Beeswax ?

On 22 Jan, 11:05, Stephen Howard wrote:

Are they still using toluene?

Last I heard, they'd closed altogether (but were still using toluene
for markets that accepted it). As the product is still on the shelves,
I don't know who is producing it, or what's in it.

It's been removed from the once-legendary Evo-Stik and it's now not nearly as effective as it
used to be

AIUI, Evo-stik never "removed" anything from any product, but you
might find that today's 528 isn't quite the same stuff as the old Red
& Black that they simply don't make any more.

It's also (assuming you're in a lab full of solvents, but the shops
are shut and you have a deadline) remarkably easy to make your own.
Victorian recipes for such things used everything up to and including
carbon disulphide!