Posted to alt.home.repair
rocketman rocketman is offline

Default Furnace burners won't ignite

On Jan 21, 10:30*pm, wrote:
On Jan 21, 9:28*pm, "Don Young" wrote:

"Mikepier" wrote in message

These are all valid suggestions for troubleshooting, but I'm still
puzzled why the blower comes on if there is no flame?

I thought maybe the OP was referring to the draft inducer rather than the
main blower. Or maybe the control is in a lockout mode which runs the main
blower.

Don Young

pull flame sensor ( turn thermostat down first or turn the heat
totally off, then unplug flame sensor lead from control board, unscrew
sensor) then clean it with steel wool - it worked for me few days
ago

I'll try this. But What are you saying is wrong? That the flame
sensor is somehow keeping the valve from opening and letting gas flow?