Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spraying lacquer

On Jan 21, 1:15*am, "Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr."
wrote:

When spraying the lacquer, I placed a bright light so I could clearly see the reflection
off the wood's surface, and see whether the material was going on light or too heavy.

Great technique. This is called a "rake light", and for that purpose
I have 4 sets of "two on a stand" adjustables on hand for use when I
am painting or finishing. They are good even in the daytime.

Low humidity down here (Houston) is not the norm - although the past several weeks we have
been getting regular cold fronts through that drop the humidity way down. *20% RH is
really rare.

Hey... you're over there with Swing and Leon. I am up the road in San
Antonio, a scant 210 miles away. Similar weather here this week, and
the Chamber of Commerce couldn't invent better weather. Clear sunny
skies and 72 today. 70 tomorrow.

Need to get this finished - and done right, best I can - it is part of a present for my
dad.

Anything else comes up, post away. I think you are over the hump,
though.

Can sure provide a picture - where should these be posted?

Any required limitations on file size?

I would say go with any of the free services. At the barbecue forum,
they like Imageshack. At the knife forum, they like flikr and
photobucket. All have free areas. There are lots of them
available.

Your ISP may even have some space set aside for you. Just post the
link here to the pics and we'll find them.

Robert