Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default "I Hope Obama Fails"

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:29:48 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan
Vordos" scrawled the following:

"Buerste" wrote in message
.. .

At least Rush has good taste in drugs! I had the pleasure of a recent
root canal and the surgeon gave me 12 extra strength Vicodin. I can see
how somebody could get hooked on these little "pharmaceutical vacations"!
I still have seven left, I'm keeping them safe, I take them out every once
in a while just to look at them in admiration!

Strangely, Susan and I each had a tooth extracted last Friday. They were
cracked, so a root canal wasn't a solution. We both think we've been
married to long----how in hell both of us ended up with a cracked tooth
within days of one another is one of those mysteries we'll never understand.

Hah! We all know how it happened: You cooked that night. bseg

Say, are you and Susan keeping your ankles dry, 'arry? I saw the pics
of the most recent Centralia floods recently.

Anyway, we were prescribed pain medication. Didn't even bother to have the
prescriptions filled. I'm not keen on risking such things---although I
have one hell of a strong constitution and rarely give in to such
temptation. The only thing that has ever run my life is my thirst for
gold, and my love for music. I'd hate to get hooked on one of those little
magic vacations you spoke of. Be strong-----I have yet to meet a person
that has an improved life because of drugs.

Empirin and Codeine saved my life. A friend had sold me her
prescription and it was that coupled with my alcoholism which got me
so sick that I couldn't go to work the next week. It triggered my
acceptance of the alcoholism and I got help. Great stuff, BTW. I'm
just lucky I was more of an alcoholic than a druggie. The trip on
alcohol was bad enough.

--
Even with the best of maps and instruments,
we can never fully chart our journeys.