Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default What is the difference between a woodruff and t-slot cutter?

I've never had to cut "T" slots but the thought scares me. Is that
operation as hairy as it appears to be to me? Or, just another irrational
fear?

I've got the standard set of import qualtiy Woodruff cutters. Not a
fear here, 'cause I know that no way in hell would one of these cut a
T slot. Cutting the whole T in one pass ain't gonna work on any
machine a hobbyist owns. I hope these T cutters come in sets where the
top of the T gets wider so you could make several passes.

It does look like a job just asking to break cutters.

Karl