Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Beeswax ?

Samantha Booth wrote:
I have been watching "How Clean Is Your House". In the programme they
melted in the microwave some Beeswax to polish some old furniture. It
can be heated over a pan of hot water too they said.

I ordered some from eBay and have a problem.

When I do that and leave it to go cool it goes rock hard. What do I need
to add to it to make sure the beeswax stays soft so I can use it. I am
sure they added some kind of oil to it?? Maybe wrong but they said it
was the best way to polish old furniture.

Thanks Sam

Turpentine or white spirit IIRC.