Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Beeswax ?

Samantha Booth wrote:
wrote in message
On Jan 21, 1:23 am, "nightjar" cpb@insert my surname here.me.uk
wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
edia.com...

Might be worth consulting Mrs Beeton online, ISTR her offering a
few recipes for beeswax polish with varying properties.

Or you could just go to a supermarket & buy a product developed by a
knowledgable & experienced chemist in a modern lab.

That product will have been developed to give quick results for the
easily pleased. No modern substitutes can match the depth of shine
achieved by repeated applications of a good beeswax polish.

Colin Bignell

Yes ,
keep it old fashioned. Supermarkets must go away in the end

not everyone can use supermarket products with chemicals. I know if I
use any my daughter always has asthma problems again. I can only use
the old fashioned methods which I find work very well indeed despite
going to Tesco and buying chemicals to do the work in just about the
same time. I am sure they wont go to the wall if some of use use our
preferred
methods rather than their chemicals

Wot? Chemicals like acetic acid, sodium bicarbonate, citric acid? The term
'chemicals' doesn't equate with 'bad'. Unless its the deadly dihydrogen
monoxide of course http://www.dhmo.org/

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk