Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] mail@atics.co.uk is offline

Default Beeswax ?

On 21 Jan, 02:44, "Samantha Booth"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 21, 1:23 am, "nightjar" cpb@insert my surname here.me.uk
wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
edia.com...

Might be worth consulting Mrs Beeton online, ISTR her offering a few
recipes for beeswax polish with varying properties.

Or you could just go to a supermarket & buy a product developed by a
knowledgable & experienced chemist in a modern lab.

That product will have been developed to give quick results for the easily
pleased. No modern substitutes can match the depth of shine achieved by
repeated applications of a good beeswax polish.

Colin Bignell

Yes ,
keep it old fashioned. Supermarkets must go away in the end

not everyone can use supermarket products with chemicals. I know if I use
any my daughter always has asthma problems again. I can only use the old
fashioned methods which I find work very well indeed despite going to Tesco
and buying chemicals to do the work in just about the same time.
I am sure they wont go to the wall if some of use use our preferred methods
rather than their chemicals

Now, now Girls and Boys, lets keep it calm! There is no rational
reason to debate so-called natural products such as baking soda and
vinegar against "chemicals". Both the aforementioned are chemicals.
Nature is full of "chemicals" and indeed we are composed of (bio)
chemicals. There is simply no rational distinction other than to look
at, say, LD50s (a measure of toxicity) for active ingredients or
mixtures of chemicals to grade them for risk in use. In this case it
is quite simple to assess which product works best and simply use it.
There is a cogent argument for using easily and cheaply obtained
ingredients ( I use lemon juice on a brass strip to clean it up
nicely) on the basis of cost. However, some cocktails of specially
formulated chemical mixtures are better/quicker/ safer performers than
the "older" methods and one can therefore move with modern scientific
progress.
From my own experience, IMHO, there is no question in terms of end
product that beeswax polish will produce a better protection and
finish than Mr Sheen
Chris