Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_4_] Steve Barker[_4_] is offline

Default windshield wiper misses glass for the middle ~3 inches.

IF you've rain-x'd the windshield, you should never use the wipers.... duh.
That's what the **** is for.

--
All you scholars who think bush messed up..... You ain't seen nothin' yet!
Just wait. You'll be cryin' for mercy after a while with Bro Bama

"Ron" wrote in message
On Jan 20, 5:07 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message

On Jan 14, 11:29 pm, mm wrote:

Also, consider Rain-X.

Rain-X is horrible for windshields! In a light rain the first swipe
wipes the windshield so dry that there in no lube when the wipers come
back across, causing them to hop and/or make a loud buuuuuuuup noise.

If you are talking about the Ran-X treatment, I may agree. They do,
however,
make a fluid that is good down to a very low temperature and works very
well. I use either that or Prestone. Far superior to the blue stuff.

Yes. It's great for all of the other glass in your car but it is
horrible for the w/s because of the reason I mentioned.