Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default windshield wiper misses glass for the middle ~3 inches.

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 1/14/2009 7:09 PM David Combs spake thus:

----- just for fun:

What about these huge semi-trucks -- drive all night in that kind of
weather, what kind of wipers do they have.

Or airplanes?
Or navy destroyers?

Regarding this, seems as if all of those vehicles you mentioned have
flat windshields, making for better wiper/glass contact.

Maybe you ought to look into replacing your curved windshield with a
nice flat one ...

Hells yes. if you can get me a good deal on an early Studebaker C-cab
pickup, or better yet, a Coupe Express, I'd be happy to trade in my F-150

Which prompts a question; did any passenger car ever come with a
flat-glass windshield *and* a high compression V-8? (pretty much
required for "daily driver" duty in modern traffic.) I'm thinking maybe
not; earliest ones I can think of are 49 Caddy, 49 Olds, and 51 Stude,
all of which had curved glass.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.