Posted to misc.consumers.house
JR Weiss[_2_] JR Weiss[_2_] is offline

Default Cable wiring

"GregS" wrotete:

IIRC, the last cable installer told me about -7dBmV per splitter. If you have
digital phone, that will suffer first, because it needs a cleaner signal. An
in-line amplifier BEFORE the splitter may boost the signal enough to keep it
clean if you need more.

An amplifier in front of a modem has to be two way. I had one in the old
house, but the cable guy
took it off. Seems like it may have caused a proble,

When Comcast re-installed my service to accommodate phone service, they put a
new amp at the drop because of a low signal. A couple weeks later they repaired
a bad splice at the pole, and the signal went WAY up. Amp is still there,
though, and has caused no problems.