Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Boxing in skylights

On Jan 20, 1:59*pm, "Sharp Dressed Man" wrote:
"Aaron Fude" wrote in message

When boxing in skylights, I being told that one does not want to use
drywall for the skylight window bay. The supposed reason: either the
hot air, or the humidity, or the intense sunlight will rot the drywall
over time and one ought to use plywood. In this newsgroup, I believe,
I only heard the opinion that this is either total nonsense or, at
best, obsolete old school idea.

So, if you do agree with plywood over drywall, please post your
opinion and your reasoning.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Not sure about all that--- but whichever way you decide to go, make sure you
pick up three or four plastic buckets to store in a closer beneath where the
skylights will be installed.

Then you won't have to scramble far to get something to use to catch the
dripping water when it rains.

I take it you don't have any skylights in your trailer.