Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Trying to tunnel a 2" PVC pipe underground - hit a road block

On 2009-01-20, MiamiCuse wrote:

I know plumbers have this mini camera lens they attach to the tip of a
flexible hose they pass down pipe to see what is going on, I called a
plumbing locator service company and they quoted me $1000 for a camera
location and told me more than likely it will not work because I don't have
a pipe to feed the camera.

Try a few more places. *Here in the Bay Area they are common enough
that you can get your sewer lateral scoped for $50-$75. *As for the
lack of a pipe, you can just reinsert your 2" pipe to carry the scope.
You could also try to find a rental place that carries the scope.

Cheers, Wayne

Ridgid sells a scope for about $250, a friend has one and was just
speaking very highly of it.

nate