Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Adding another antenna to my existing antenna set-up

On Jan 20, 10:49*am, Eric in North TX wrote:
On Jan 20, 8:52*am, Mike wrote:
Hello. *I have an antenna in my attic and 2 digital converter boxes
and I'm ready for the digital switchover. *There are a couple other
channels that I cannot get with my current antenna, and I'm
considering building an antenna as shown in this video and pointing it
in another direction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw

My question is this....how do I add another antenna to my existing
system? *Is it as simple as just running BOTH antennas into a
splitter? *A splitter is generally used to split a signal into 2
signals, but can it work the other way (combining the signals from 2
antennas into 1 signal which will go to my TVs)?

Thanks a lot!

Mike

When I was a kid, our family home had 2 antennas on the same pole,
they were just wired parallel, the TV sorted it out. That was in the
days of flat 2 lead wire, but I don't see why it still wouldn't work.
I'd just use a cable splitter on the pole. For the bother this will
be, couldn't you just use a rotor.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reply. My attic is mounted inside my attic, hung from
the rafters using 2 hangers. It works like a charm, and I am afraid
to move it! It's just that there is another PBS station here locally
that I think might get with another antenna pointing in the right
direction.

Adding a rotor would certainly be more hassle than just adding another
antenna and combining the signals, wouldn't it?

The short question in all this is - can I run coax from 2 different
antennas into a splitter, then from the splitter to my TV, and get
signals from both antennas?

Thanks!

Mike