Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default How far can a drawer slide out?

On Jan 20, 1:12*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
... drawer to function as support for shopping bags while they are being unloaded
into the fridge, so we don't have to bend our bad backs...

My question is: is it possible to have a strong enough drawer that
will slide out a good 30 inches? ...

I'd suggest considering leaving the drawer a drawer and putting in a
sliding support platform specifically for the support function --
several alternatives. Use a regular set of heavy over-draw slides
just on the board or there are ready-made inserts for heavy things
like commercial mixers, pastry-rolling shelves (sturdy to take rolling
forces), etc., ...

One possible source for ideas/hardware would be to look at Woodworkers
Hardware online catalog -- woodworkershardware.com