Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default anyone got an electric aga?

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Bruce wrote:

It seems a bit excessive to have a new nuclear power station built
specially to power an Aga. I knew they were incredibly inefficient and
environmentally unfriendly, but are they really that bad? ;-)

In the meantime, the Aga will have to draw its power from the National
Grid. Approximately 80% of the power from the Grid is generated by
fossil fuels (gas and coal) so I repeat, I wonder how much carbon
dioxide is emitted?

Well; e can look forward to the first pebble bed reactor aga probably.

"Top up with any old radioactive **** once a year, heat your house and
generate your electricity, too.
"
:-)

Added bonus: you and your kids will glow in the dark. ;-)