Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Controlling new complex heating system

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 05:04:00 -0800 (PST) someone who may be
wrote this:-

Seemed a good solution until my wife thought about the scenario where
we come in during a time when the heating is off and want to turn it
on again. *We would have to go to each room stat and turn it on....

Master time clock. Programmable thermostats have occupancy
programmed into them. Master time clock will enable or disable
output from every thermostat. Going out, turn off heating at master
time clock. Coming in, turn it on at master time clock, only those
rooms where the thermostat is programmed for occupancy at the time
will warm up.

As you say, the master clock is great for switching everything off or
reducing everything (e.g. only have heating on for 1 hour a day when
on holiday or something) but unfortunately, doesn't solve the "I now
need the heating on" issue.

Depends on the settings, but seems to fit the "we come in during a
time when the heating is off and want to turn it on again" condition
which was specified.

In an individual room which one is using at an "unusual" time, just
adjust the temperature on the thermostat temporarily. When finished
set it back or leave it until the next time period, when it should

David Hansen, Edinburgh