Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Painting Ceiling in Kitchen

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:56:48 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

Lighten up, dear. I learned to read labels after my first paint job
with Sears paint....It was such crap that I went to a real paint store,
found Ben Moore by dumb luck, and learned about real paint.

I was stupidly incredulous when I realized this one guy I know,
labeled gifted in school, didn't read paint labels so he wasn't paying
attention to how long paint dried before applying second coats. I
told him that every brand and type of paint had different dry times
and that one would be well advised to read the label to ascertain the
needed elapsed time before painting over the first coat. He said he
thought it didn't matter as long as the paint was dry to the touch,
and I told him that these companies spend untold dollars testing their
products in order to provide proper use instructions, and we pay for
that and should read the labels to benefit. How else would you learn
that Home Depot's crap paint Behr needs 4 hours between coats whereas
Benjamin Moore only needs 2? Unfortunately he painted our bathroom
while we were gone on vacation as a return of favor before I realized
his idiocy, so I'll be curious to how long the paint will hold up. It
does happen to be high end Sherwin Williams stuff, so it may be ok in
the end.