Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Paulsen Mike Paulsen is offline

Default How far can a drawer slide out?

Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Next to the fridge niche, I have space in the wall to install
something like a slide out pantry. The bottom drawer will contain a
trash bag and recycling bins. So I want the drawer on top of it to be
separate (so that the smell doesn't go up). I want the second drawer
to function as support for shopping bags while they are being unloaded
into the fridge, so we don't have to bend our bad backs...

My question is: is it possible to have a strong enough drawer that
will slide out a good 30 inches? When it's out almost the entire way,
what's supporting it? Anyway, I know nothing about building drawers
and supping them so I'm looking for some guidance here.

Thanks,

Aaron

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=16979