Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Looking for help, Tecumseh 4.5 HP engine carb

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:48:32 -0500, "The Tagge's"
wrote:

I have a Tecumseh 4.5 HP engine, and it had set for quite a while before I
had it. Well, the carb is shot (the float sinks, increadable build up [I
blame the ethenol in the gas]. It is beyond what I am willing to try to
repair.
Where best to get a replacement carb?
Does it have to be an OEM?
Thanks in advance
Bert from Burke

Many dealers will clean and rebuild a Tecumseh carb for under $50.
There are several in the Twin Cities (Mnpls -St.Paul) that do it. That
includes the "kit" which includes gaskets, float, etc. The carb
comes back looking like brand new and the engine starts first pull
when the carb is re-installed.