Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default Garage Door WHACKY

On Jan 18, 6:48 pm, BradMM
wrote:
I installed our garage door almost three years
ago and
it's worked fine until recently. In recent
months, it's
been acting like the panels are getting out of
alignment
and it binds up and reverses direction. I need
to find
the manual to see if there's a sensitivity
adjustment.
We're about 18'' behind in rainfall this year
and we did
put piers on the back of the house when we
first moved
it so it's possibly the house has shifted.

Sound reasonable???

Just for the heck of it, measure the door
opening
diagonally both ways. If the corner to corner
dimensions
are not the same, you've found your problem.

Joe

Not necessarily; doors are installed into out of
square openings all the time. It's not the
opene\ing that's important; it's the tracks,
springs and rollers not to mention motor.