Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default House Leveling

DGDevin wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

And this 3k includes actual permits and insurance and so forth? Yeah,
it may work, having a seat-of-the-pants repair job, done off the
books. But the downside is that if they eff up, and the house
collapses, insurance company may just look at your son and giggle.

That was my first thought, what ironclad guarantee is in place if the
job fails with resulting damage to the house? I'd want to know that
if part of my house fell down I wasn't going to have to chase this
guy with or without a gun.

References would be nice, talk to some previous customers and see if
they now have a swimming pool where their house used to be.

That price seems amazingly low, we spent more than that getting half
a dozen yards of sewer line replaced recently, I'd be real cautious.

Strange you should mention that. Last year my son had his sewer line
replaced - about seventy feet. The original builder used some thin black
plastic stuff that eventually shattered (after ~40 years) and filled with
roots. His next door neighbor, Lupe, came over, dug up the original crap and
replaced it with a larger diameter, industrial-strength, sewer pipe and
concrete-sealed the connections.

Took all week-end.

As I recall, the project cost $550.