Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obama can save us, says America as polls show wave of optimism sweeping the nation

On 19 Jan 2009 18:50:25 GMT, "RAM³" wrote:

And comparing him with Abraham Lincoln? Pardon me while I puke on my
shoes. Let history write the final verse on that one.

Let's see where all the media, pundits, and commentators are in six
months. But mainly, let's see where all the people who really matter,
the citizens who use Usenet and who blog, are in relation to their
position now The Messiah.

Just another empty suit.

The hysteria concerning Obama is exceptionally reminiscent of that
concerning John Kennedy: baseless optimism, unfounded hopes, belied
campaign promises, and absolute backing by the propaganda machine that
got him elected.

Since the programs/"progress" credited to Kennedy were actually provided
by Lyndon Johnson (other than the Bay of Pigs invasion that was planned
under Eisenhower and botched by Kennedy and Kennedy's attempt to have
Fidel Castro assassinated), Kennedy's only "accomplishment" was getting
the US involved in Viet Nam.

"Wait And See" is an excellent position, Steve.

are the Democrats going to treat the Obamassiah the same way they
treated JFK? An open car in Dallas........

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.