Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim2009 Jim2009 is offline

Default Fuses in box get hot when using Kenmore Electric Dryer (only on heat cycle)

If the fuses themselves are the only part of the circuit wiring that
is getting hot, then the problem has to be either the connection at
the fuse holder, the fuse holder itself (somebody mention the latter;
not sure about the former) or the fuse bases themselves are dirty/
corroded/loose. Faults in the other connections while an issue to
resolve would cause heating local to them, not at the fuses.

Both fuses are cool during Air Only Cycle (I know just one side - 120 should
be in use then). When I run a Heat Cycle both fuses get hot, very hot,
almost to hot to touch (Yes, I know both 120's are now in play). This is a
3-wire pig-tail.

I will take a closer look at the fuses/holder/wires.

As someone else noted, this is not something to leave go unattended.

I have stopped using the dryer and I shut the dryer add-on box off.

Cheers,
Jim