Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim2009 Jim2009 is offline

Default Fuses in box get hot when using Kenmore Electric Dryer (only on heat cycle)

It would really help for you to have an ammeter. This is really the only
way to know how much current is flowing on each leg of the circuit, and if
it's the proper amount. You also need to know that the voltage is correct,
and that the conductor size of the dryer feeder is correct

I will check the voltage. I have an older Amp Clamp multi-function meter.
I tried to use the Amp meter a couple of years ago, never got a reading not
sure if it works or I was doing something wrong, will look into it or maybe
buying a new one.

Cheers,
Jim