Default Council want to build an extension next door, will it devalue our property?

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:06:04 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Well, that's very touching, and would mean that anyone objecting
is a heartless git, but I'd still object. That is a gigantic
extension which will have a large impact on your property.

Do we have any recourse with the council (compensation) if we feel the
extension will devalue our property or affect our future ability to
sell the property? Who can determine this for us?

Maybe you could negotiate with the Council to get something done to
your own property for your benefit in way of compensation. Something
like your own extension, loft conversion, offroad parking- whatever.
It won't cost the council that much, using their own workers, so
there's no harm in trying.

MJ