Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve[_31_] Steve[_31_] is offline

Default Use of fire cement on gas fire radiant

I have an old, portable calor gas heater and have managed to break its
radiant/ceramic element. I've tried, unsuccessfully, to find a
replacement so my next step is to try to cement the pieces together.
Fortunately there are only 5 of them, and they are quite large.

My question is: can I use fire cement for this purpose? Other posts
have mentioned Kos Fire Cement - http://www.castironfires.com/detail.asp?id=1185
- which, according to the blurb, has been tested to 1250 degrees
Celsius. Will this cement, or similar, do the job?

If it helps, a photo of the broken item can be found here -
http://tinyurl.com/8shhfj

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Steve