Posted to uk.d-i-y
Howard Neil Howard Neil is offline

Default OT radio time signal

Rod wrote:
Howard Neil wrote:

Mike Lane wrote:

Well I'm 50 miles or so north of that on the east coast and I have no
problems at all. Could there possibly be some strong source of
interference close by? I know mine has occasionally failed to receive
if I'm sitting at the computer when it goes into receive mode.

I have three such clocks/watches and they all fail to receive if they
are near a computer that is on. Switch the computer off and they
magically receive again.

We have five clocks - all of which are close to computers. (Both desktop
and laptop styles - plus routers, 802.11, etc.) Hardly ever have any
problems (maybe a hiccup once every few months), and none that we would
put down to the computers. We do, however, have intermittent problems
with our local weather clocks receiving from the outdoor thermometers -
and these just might be due to computer use.

Radio propagation is very much a black art. My wireless router and the
signals from the various sensors from my weather station don't have any
problems and both the router and the weather station main unit are
alongside both computers. It is only the clocks/watches that have the
problem and that is repeatedly demonstrable.

--
Howard Neil