LRod

Default ELU tools?

On 05 Oct 2003 01:32:25 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Leon responds:

IIRC Elu disappeared with the introduction of the DeWalt line of power hand
tools. As I recall, some of the DeWalt routers have a strong resemblance
to the Elu routers with the exception of the yellow color.

Yeah, but it was something like a decade ago, not 3-4 years.

That's how I remember it, too.

And some of the DeWalt tools are major improvements on the Elu stuff.

I don't know about that (although you probably know better). From what
I could tell, the Elus that made the transition just had the plastic
changed from slate gray to yellow.

The biscuit joine was a ******* to align.

I have one and haven't had a problem with it; looks identical to the
Dewalt, except for the yellow.

The SCMS was an early one, and had some development problems.

I don't recall the Elu SCMS (not that that means anything).

There were more than just routers that made the transition. The wavy
top router is certainly one (Norm used one). The Dewalt jig saw is a
yellow Elu (Norm used one). They had a couple of biscuit joiners (Norm
used the one different from the one I have, and the one he used didn't
make the transition). The 3/8" drill with the belt clip and level
vials in the end is a yellow Elu (Norm used one). The belt sander with
a bag on the front is a yellow Elu (Norm used one). The cordless drill
(from that time period; it's long gone, now) was a yellow Elu (Norm
used one).

So it was quite a few, Norm had quite a bunch of them (he used the
belt sander until Season 6; 1994), and all except the cordless drill
are still in the Dewalt line.

I have pictures and episode numbers on my website in the Norm's Tools
area.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net