Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric dryer plug and outlet question

On 1/18/2009 8:23 PM Mikepier spake thus:

I have one of those surface mounted 3 prong dryer plugs in the laundry
room. The plug that came with the dryer has to be turned 180 degrees
so it can plug into the outlet. Anotherwords instead of the cord
hanging straight down, it goes up then makes a sharp turn downward.
The outlet cannot be turned upside down because it is run with conduit
form the bottom. Any ideas how I can go about fixing this?

Can't you just remove the outlet from the box and flip it 180°?

--
In order to embark on a new course, the only one that will
solve the problem: negotiations and peace with the Palestinians,

Because it's only with enemies that one makes peace.

- Uri Avnery, Israeli writer and peace activist with Gush Shalom.
(http://counterpunch.org/avnery08032006.html)