Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default OT Plane Crash because of Birds

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message
"SteveB" wrote:

I know this. I've seen films on a lot of "ditchings", which in my mind
means landing on water. When I think of it, I think of exactly what
happened here. One comes in and skids on the water, and comes to a stop.
The films look like KERSPLAT, and a cartwheel or a spin, or breaking up.

You say this type of landing is textbook and is learned by any pilot
student. Well, either they ain't paying attention, or reality doesn't go
like flight school.

I'm sorry. I don't know what you are saying here. Could you rephrase?
Thanks,
Doug

I reread it, and got confused myself. I meant to say "All the films I have
seen of previous ditchings, the films look like KERSPLAT, and a cartwheel or
a spin, or breaking up." I meant to say that I had never seen a plane come
in like that one did, and come to a stop from evenly skidding on water. All
the other ones I had seen had a violent ending from dragging a wing, or just
something that interrupted the sliding motion. One would imagine that a
plane could come in and just skid to a stop on that smooth water.
Apparently, that rarely happens. Water is hard when you hit it at a fairly
good speed. BTDT.

Hope that clarifies it.