Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default What is the nicest system of crimping coax cable?

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:19:42 -0500, Paul Franklin
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:24:46 -0600, Ignoramus13408
wrote:

I have a coax crimper, but it makes crimps that look very bad. I would
like to buy something else that works very nicely and makes good
looking crimps, so any suggestions to that effect will be
appreciated.

Use a compression crimper and the special connectors it requires.
They have a sleeve that the tool presses into the connector body,
wedging the cable in place. Makes beautiful and reliable cables.

DAGS for RG6 compression connectors or tool or crimper.

Available in a water resistant version for outdoors, too.

HTH,

Paul F.

I just got one of those compression tools. It's easy to use and seems
to do a good job on RG6 cable. Not so good on RG59.

They even sell RG59 any more? Or were you just putting new ends on an
old cable? I certainly would not install any new RG59 anywhere.

--
aem sends...