Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default House Leveling

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:53:08 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:

My son's rhetorical thought - and with which I agree - is "what could go
wrong?" Even if the leveling didn't "take" and a more professional firm had
to come and make "adjustments," the heavy-lifting (pardon the bad metaphor)
would have already been done.

Done right?

Done Wrong?

You are in a better position than us to determine, and evaluate
consequences.

Howsumever, you might wanna consider getting detailed estimates from
the $15k folks. If you can size the job, determine that only very
standard procedures (that the $3k guys can do competently) are
necessary, all you'd have to worry about is the insurance, etc.

If the application looks at all tricky/complex, I'd see what
kinda discounts the $15k guys might render.

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc