Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default TV service query ? ? ?

Robert Neville wrote:
"Ray" wrote:

We live in a six-unit apartment building. Is it possible to get a
single cable or satellite service for the entire building --
obviously at lower cost? It would seem to me no different than
getting service in a single-family residence with TVs in six rooms.

No. Any attempt to share a cable or sat connection would be viewed
as
a violation of the TOS and would lead to rather expensive legal
action.

But you knew that.

Uh, how do you know what the policies of the cable services in his
area are? Have you contacted them and asked?

He should contact the cable company, explain the situation, and ask
what his options are. One presumes that he is speaking as the
property owner or his agent rather than simply as a resident of the
property. They may very well have discounted basic service
specifically for multi unit rental properties. You really think that
hotels spend full boat individual-subscriber retail for every room?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)