Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Insulating a garage

"BobK207" wrote

I didn't realize that this porject was ceiling work....overhead work
with back issues is a no-no.
BTDT no project is work a back injury.

Yeah.

Those ceiling tiles are pretty weak stuff. But for a ceiling just
about anything would work.

I figured the thicker ones (about 1/3 inch thick or so) would work. Then
the walls in a possible free panelling (Paint them later to cover the crayon
etc).

A great tool for drywalling (or sheathing) a ceiling is a drywall
lift. You can postion the sheet & just use a drill / driver with

Rental runs about $30 to $50 pre day but here's cheapo one
http://www.amazon.com/Troy-Drywall-P.../dp/B000ZIEOHW

Didnt know they were so cheap! Still, if doing this against the actual
rafters (so we can store stuff in the beams) it wont lift high enough. An
idea though! Thanks!

Plenty of time to plan here. Thats why I asked early ;-)