Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimw Jimw is offline

Default Entire House Fills with Ice

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:31:41 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Any photos of the inside?

What I posted is all of the pics of it that are on their website.
I dont know how they would get pics inside except maybe the second
floor. It looks like it filled the first floor to the ceiling or darn
close, with all the ice coming out by the outdoor lights and tops of
windows. What gets me, is why the basement floor drain didnt work, or
even the water going down the toilet and other drains, but maybe that
stuff iced over first. It had to be a good sized leak. I'd guess
that beyond the walls, the water is still liquid in the middle of the
house. I think they need a very long drill bit like for ice
fishing.....

If they leave it freeze solid, the walls will come outward off the
foundation, which could damage other houses nearby. I dont think they
could even demolish it right now. The rush of water coming out could
do severe damage to houses next door. I'd like to find out what comes
of it, but these news stations dont always followup on things like
this.

Jim