Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Stereo control button problems

wrote:

I have a stereo which also has a radio and builtin CD changer. If I
hit the on button the CD changer draw opens, but then I cannot make it
change CDs and the CDs will not play. I can only listen to the radio
if it is off and I turn it on by selecting the choice between AM/FM. I
am sure it cannot be fixed since it cost around $100 around ten years
ago. I was just wondering what went wrong? Is the "microchip" that
controls it corrupted? Are there "electronic leaks" caused by the age.
Just wondering if anyone had some thoughts.

Thanks

Tom

Check the tray open sensor/switch..

It sounds like its still trying to open the tray because
it don't know any better!

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"