Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tombates@city-net.com is offline

Default Stereo control button problems

I have a stereo which also has a radio and builtin CD changer. If I
hit the on button the CD changer draw opens, but then I cannot make it
change CDs and the CDs will not play. I can only listen to the radio
if it is off and I turn it on by selecting the choice between AM/FM. I
am sure it cannot be fixed since it cost around $100 around ten years
ago. I was just wondering what went wrong? Is the "microchip" that
controls it corrupted? Are there "electronic leaks" caused by the age.
Just wondering if anyone had some thoughts.

Thanks

Tom