Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default Wireless Room Thermostat

We have a roomstat in the hall but would much prefer a stat in the
lounge diner for a steady temperature in there. No easy way of running a
cable.

All we really wanted is a wireless thermostat that we can manually set
but I note a lot can be pre-set for different temperatures at different
times on different days.

Any recommendations?

Is there a wireless unit that would replace both the roomstat and the
programmer which looks pretty old and will not work off a backup battery.

At present we have a
Glow Worm 24hxi condensing boiler
Drayton Tempus 7 time controller for water and heating
Honeywell roomstat of some basic sort in the hall
Thermostat on the hot water cylinder
Usual motorised valve to distribute to radiators/cylinder as required

TIA for any ideas