Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glue

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Micky Savage wrote:
Hi All, Have a portable oil filled heater. Two castors are broken of the
mounting bracket. What strong glue would I use too stick plastic to
plastic, please?

Difficult to know as there are many different types of plastic. Some like
drainpipes can be solvent welded to a high strength. Many rigid plastics
be ok with SuperGlue. The softer flexible kind can be the most difficult.
I've found Evostick Serious glue (don't confuse with ordinary Evostick)
pretty good with some of these. It does, however, take 24 hours to reach
maximum strength.

You may find nothing's strong enough.

NT