Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben Willcox[_2_] Ben Willcox[_2_] is offline

Default AEG washing machine - help sought

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Timothy Murphy wrote:

I have an AEG Oko-Lavamat 605 washing machine,
and I am trying to take off the front cover
to remove something from between the disks.

The machine suddenly developed a scraping noise,
and when I asked at my local AEG dealer/maintainer
he told me that the problem was almost certainly
something (he suggested a bit of a bra)
caught between the two drums,
rather than a bad bearing as I had supposed.

He told me, rather vaguely, that I could get at the space
between the drums by removing the front panel.

I had a similar problem with an Indesit machine, which had a cable-tie
trapped between the two drums (and also had faulty bearings as it turned
out). I found that by shining one of those '10 gazillion candle power'
type torches into the back of the machine, the opaque plastic drum
became transparent, and by slowly turning the inner drum by hand I could
clearly see between the drums by looking through the door. The cable-tie
could then be extracted from the bottom drain hole with the help of a
thin screwdriver and a small child.

Thanks,
Ben