Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Painting Ceiling in Kitchen

Had that problem. My wife liked the white color of Behr paint at Home Depot,
so I used it in the kitchen. Could NOT get the roller marks out, made it
acceptable, but not perfect after 4 coats and swore never the use that paint
again.

A year later I painted my son's bedroom with the top grade of Moore's paint,
and it looks great, with 2 coats.

Sometimes it is the paint. An old saying is "there is no such thing as
cheap paint that is good, but there can be a good paint that is cheap". I'll
let you figure it out.

"car crash" wrote in message
Hi, I have a question for you paint experts. We have a 2 year old
house and we needed to repaint the kitchen ceiling due to a very minor
water damage. (that's not the issue) What a nightmare ! 3 coats
later and we can see all the roller streaks in the ceiling throughout
the kitchen during daylight hours. It looks like a horrible job. We
are using Betonel Cloud white paint, which is pretty standard and we
are painting directly on the old surface which was the same thing
originally.
Does anyone know why all the roller marks would show up on the ceiling
during daylight hours ?
Is there a special roller to use when painting a ceiling ? We are
using a 12mm roller. We have no clue what's causing this to
happen. We thought maybe a lack of paint on the roller but we tried
soaking it good before the 3rd coat, and still were seeing many
streaks.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.